Thursday, January 3, 2013

Project Life - Week 1 Spread

And here we have it. I am so excited about all of this. Project Life, memory keeping, scrapbooking... All of it. I hope the enthusiasm stays.

Remember what I said about not really being good at this blogging thing? I'm still not. So once again I'm going to get out of your way and let the pictures do the talking.

Here's my spread for this week:
I don't really like how the light shows on the page protectors in this shot. I suppose I will get better at taking pictures of these as the weeks go on. Or maybe I'll just take everything out of the protectors and lay them out on the floor for my blog pictures. For those of you doing physical Project Life, how do you handle taking pics of your spreads?

Anyway, here's my left side:

And the right side:
  
Plus you get some close-ups.

 This is a picture of Joseph from Friday morning, and a card with our daily routine on it. 

Thhis card is a couple of pictures from our trip to Tennessee to see family. There are two more pictures from the Christmas party above and below this one.

A little journaling about how I am always half put together and a picture of me that I took in the car on the way home.

Since I'm a goober (or, super tired from dealing with babies all day, take your pick) I didn't get my 12:01 phone screenshot from new years day. But I did grab a quick one at 4:13 that included the weather. So that's something. Also in this close-up is the opening week's card on One Little Word. My word for 2013 is Finish. Nathan (my husband)'s word is Focus.

This one didn't nessicarily need a close-up but I will never turn down a chance to show off my babies. :) I almost didn't include the pictures of me, because I really hate hate hate the way I looked on Wednesday, but I keep reading about the importance of being IN your albums, not just making them. So, there I am.

Photo of my sleeping boy. Journaling talks about how we've been cosleeping for almost 5 months now. Wow! That's a long time! We originally started because I was breastfeeding and it helped everyone sleep better, but the breastfeeding didn't pan out and he sleeps through the night anyway (No, you didn't read that wrong. My 5 month old sleeps for a ten hour stretch at night, and has since we brought him home from the hospital. Please feel free to be jealous, if I was anyone else I totally would be too.) moving him to the crib (still in our bedroom) won't be the end of the world. But I will totally miss cuddling with him at night.

I caught Maggie in a moment of spontaneous play tonight. She walked over with the play phone from her kitchen set, pressed some buttons, and had a conversation with her Daddy. It was absolutely the cutest.

Oh, and have a week in review card, too.
I lifted the design from @moncoff on Instagram. I loved it the moment that I saw it on her feed. It reminds me a lot of Cathy Zielske's Project Life style, for some reason. I love it a lot.

I don't have my OLW insert for the week finished yet. I'm still designing it, and between all the travel and recovering from the travel I didn't meet my week one goal. So it has become my week two goal. I will finish my laundry. I am tired of my kitchen looking like a dump truck full of clothing exploded in it.

 

I think for the first real time I've documented a week as it happened (2012 doesn't count, I was always behind and half-finished), I did pretty well. 

Crossing my fingers I get better as the weeks goes on, though.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I especially love your little daily routine card for your little one - that will change as time goes on and it will be very neat to have that to look at in the future!

    ReplyDelete