Monday, January 14, 2013

Project Life 2013 - Week Two

First, I would like to thank everyone who has visited and commented on my Week 1 things. :D I really enjoy seeing your comments and the Blogger's visitor breakdown. I love that I am reaching so many people, even considering that I only just started Project Life. 

Thank you so much for helping me keep excited about and on top of this project!


My Week 2 spread is all about SIMPLE. It was a crazy difficult week, between two sick babies, no sleep, cleaning all the public areas of the house, and trying to keep sane by myself while my husband was in Tennessee on a business trip. I didn't get ANY journaling done during the week itself (Friday 1/4 - Thursday 1/10) so I decided to leave it for the moment. I may eventually add a 4x6 flap pocket with our Week In Review card in it, but for now, it's made, and I am current.

That is what I LOVE about Project Life. This week has zero embellishments. I typed some journaling on a couple of the pictures, and did a cool trick with a photo and one journaling card, and it took me about an hour to put together (of course, it's taken two for me to photograph, edit, and write this post, but such is life). I just didn't have the time last week, so I chose to show that in our layout and I love the way it reflects our life.



Here's the left side (above) and the right side (below):


I only have one close-up for this week, since there's not much to need to see "closer" than you can see it now. It's of the final 3x4 photo in the layout. You may notice that it only has 2 rounded corners. That is because it is very cleverly hiding a 4x6 journaling card.


Part of what made last week so hard, a good part of it, was Nathan being in Tennessee on his trip. I was on 24/7 this week, and it was really physically and emotionally draining. "Hold It Against Me" by Sam Tsui was my anthem this week - I just had to get through, and then he would be home and I would have him here again. Since that song was so important to my mindset this week, I printed off the album art and cut it to fit the folded front of the card. It hides the journaling if you're just flipping through the album, but my husband and I know that it's there, and I know that my kids will like reading about our relationship and how we handled situations like these someday.

Just in case you've never heard it before, here's the video for "Hold It Against Me".



I really like this approach to getting behind (even if I was only behind a couple of days). What do you do when you get behind on your Project Life spreads?

No comments:

Post a Comment