Thursday, January 24, 2013

PL Sneak Peek!

So, I meant to have Weeks 3 & 4 posted tonight, since I'm a week behind on the blog. I'm still printing pictures, though, so I don't have completed spreads to show you yet. Bummer. But I do have a couple of things to show you that I think are really cool. A few weeks ago, I clicked through a link in the Project Lifer's Facebook group to a blog called Document Life Workshop. They're all about tips, prompts, challenges, and ideas to help you (as the archiver) get your memories recorded. I am kind of in love. A few weeks ago, they posted a challenge to make yourself a visual reminder of your personal or family goal for the year. Well, as you know, dear readers, my goal is to "finish" what I start this year. And wow is it turning out to be a doozy this year. :| More on that in another post. But, with as down as I have been feeling the past couple weeks, I really felt a tug when I read that prompt. A reminder of why I am doing what I am doing is just what the doctor ordered. So I made this lovely little card:
I used an arrow from Mini Arrow Brushes by Odd HeartsMoody Blues by Bella Gypsy (November's Facebook Fan Freebie - link is to BG's shop), and Sticko Alpha Stickers, Large Serif Foam/Black. The font I used is called Corbel.

I love the reminder in this - just keep trucking until you finish. Lord knows it is something I need practice with! You can find the link to Document Life Workshop's Visual Reminder Challenge here.

And here are two 4x6 collages I made for week 4 of Project Life, inspired by a recent post at Document Life Workshop where Megan and Allie listed some of their Product Picks for 2013. One of those products were a few 4x6 collages by Paislee Press. While I did download the Paislee Press collages, I also felt like making a few templates of my own, and used two of them in this week's spread:


The first spread is of my hot dog bun pizza experiment, and my daughter stuffing her face with it (success!!!), the second is of my newly organized scrapping space - aka my kitchen table.

That's it for the sneaks tonight, but I plan on having Weeks 3 and 4 posted by Saturday evening, so make sure you check back! Thanks for visiting, and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment